I’m notorious for starting multiple books at once and (gulp) not finishing them – that was hard to type. However, posting what I’m reading every month to the blogosphere as really held me accountable to finishing all of the goodness that I’ve started. I’m a big reader, but I have never read so much or been so happy – so, thank you for unknowingly making me do it!
- Stillness Speaks by Eckhart Tolle; This one has been on my bookshelf for quite some time and I am so excited to be digging in. After reading A New Earth and the Power of Now, I know that this book will only strengthen my pro-stillness stand.
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24 hr Bookstore by Robin Sloan; Next up on my fiction reads is this little gem about a mysterious 24- hr bookstore. #booksaboutbooks
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom by Rick Hanson; This one is exactly what it sounds like and you can rest assured that I will bring everything I learn to my regularly scheduled posts.
- Thrive by Arianna Huffington; another one that has been on my list since last year. I saw Arianna Huffinton speak at ABC Carpet and Home when this book launched. In the book, she introduces work life balance as a metric to success. It’s something that not a lot of round the clock working new yorkers talk about and I’m really glad she brought it up. Plus, she’ll be speaking at my office this month. I hope to have some good questions for her!
- E-cubed: 9 More Experiments That Prove Manifesting Magic and Miracles is Your Full-Time Gig by Pam Grout; Yep! I’m at in again. If this book looks familiar it’s because I read E-Squared in February. I will repeat, I manifested yellow butterflies in the middle of new york winter. I am excited to see what these 9 more experiences will bring.
- Love is the Killer App by Tim Sanders; A recommendation from a friend and colleague. It’s title made it an easy purchase. After reading goodreads descriptions, It’s still hard to figure out quite what it’s about but this quote got me really excited.
- “In short, you become one of those amazing, outstanding people to whom everyone turns, who leads rather than follows, who never runs out of ideas, contacts, or friendship.”
What are you reading this month?
Thanks for reading! (pun intended.)